A blog about gardening, canning, quilting, family, saving money, and product reviews

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Insta-Natural - review

A few weeks ago I received the opportunity to review an Insta-Natural product. Imagine my surprise when I got 4 products in the mail.

Insta-Natural products can be purchased on Amazon as well as directly on their website and are quite reasonably priced for the product you are getting.

The products I got to try were:



The dead-sea mud mask, hyaluronic acid serum, emu oil, and the argan oil hair mask. 

The original product I wanted to try was in fact the dead sea mud mask. I'm not going to lie, I felt like a teenager again when this came in the mail. It brought back memories of us teenagers smearing colored gunk all over our faces and just hanging out. It's been a very long time since I've used a mud mask. And this mud mask boasts that it will reduce pores, reduce fine lines, hydrate skin, and dry oil from skin. 


I'm thinking I just overall look better with the mask on, so there is a plus! Plus, who doesn't love a good mud mask picture?


The mud mask does in fact look like mud. What I love about this mask is that it doesn't separate, it stays all one consistency, so you don't have to fuss with it before you use it. This mud mask is evidently made from actual dead sea mud, which is kind of cool all on it's own. When you put it on your face, it feels very cool, and as it starts to dry, the cooling effect becomes more pronounced. Of course it starts to tighten up as it dries too, which feels a bit strange (not in a bad way). When it's dry, you can wipe it off. It is a bit tough to wash off, but I wouldn't expect anything less from mud. The jar is 16 ounces, and therefore a great bargain (there are mud masks in single 1/2-1 ounce packages that retail for a couple of dollars, and they sure aren't made from real dead sea mud!).


My face did in fact feel quite soft when I was done using the product.

Overall, I'm very happy with the way my skin looked after using this product. I do deal with oily skin, so the fact that this mask helps oily skin, and makes my skin look and feel great, will keep me coming back for more. This is a product you don't want to use more than once a week (according to the label), so this jar should last you a few months. That's fantastic.


The emu oil, I can only speak towards the quality. Emu oil is used for several different things. It is used to hydrate skin, improve skin texture, improve hair health and hair growth while reducing split ends, soothe minor inflammation, and calm itching. Unfortunately, the only use I could think of with this was on my terribly dry skin (these windy Wyoming falls are really getting to me), and unfortunately it didn't work for that (but no oil that states it improves the hydration of skin has ever worked for me). Overall, it does soak in reasonably quickly and doesn't leave your hands as greasy as say coconut oil. That being said, it is an oil, and there will be a slight bit of oiliness left on your hands if you use it for that. I did get in the habit of putting this on my legs when my dry skin started to cause itching for me (I have terrible dermatographia, and itching is something I deal with constantly). The product did seem to reduce the discomfort from having dry skin on my legs. Also, after using it a ton on my hands, my cuticles are in amazing shape. I don't think it's something I'll continue to purchase, because quite honestly, I couldn't find anything that I absolutely needed it for. Of course, I didn't try it on my hair, because in the last month I have received so many different hair oils as samples, that I'm probably set for the next year, and I'm in the midst of trying one out right now! So, I didn't try it in my hair.


The hyaluronic acid surprised me to say the least. I took one look at the ingredients and judged it poorly. One of the ingredients is aloe vera. Have you ever put that green aloe on a sunburn? You know that sticky feeling you get? I thought for sure this is what was going to happen to my face by using this product. I should know by now not to judge things before I try them. This product soaks in quite quickly, and is the only facial product I have used that leaves my skin actually feeling tighter! My face looks great with it too. This hyaluronic acid will hydrate your skin and reduce fine lines and wrinkles, and it really has a visible effect on the bags under my eyes, which is something that no other product I have tried has been able to do. My skin doesn't feel tacky, or greasy, or dry after using this product. I can apply makeup after it soaks in with no problem. It has a very light scent (not irritating in the least bit). This is probably one of my favorites of Insta-Natural. I'm becoming quite the fan of their products.

And then for the last product, which I was so excited to see in my box from the company...their hair mask. I have terrible hair, it breaks, it's frizzy, it falls out like crazy, and overall it's just in rough shape. And boy do I have a lot of hair...so this is something I truly do need.


I really wish I had smell-o-blog 1.0 installed, because opening this jar is like opening up the door to heaven! It smells so sweet, and the nearest reference I can come up with is orange dreamscicle. You can use this hair mask as a regular conditioner, or you can apply it to towel-dried hair and leave it set for 5-15 minutes and rinse it out. I have tried it both ways, and I'm happy with it both ways. It is one of the few products that is made from oils that does NOT leave your hair oily. Instead, it leaves your hair so soft, and smelling so darned good! I'm serious, this smells so delicious! Not only was it great for my damaged hair, but I used it on my 9 year old daughter as well. Unfortunately, she got my bad head genes, and suffers from cradle cap, even at her older age. I have been using this product on her sporadically to help loosen the scales on her head, and it is actually working. You know, they say that you should use baby oil on cradle cap, but she has terribly long hair and I really don't feel comfortable doing that. But this hair mask rinses out so well, that I had no qualms about using it on her hair. After just one use, the scales on her head were so reduced that I had to look pretty hard to find any. This product can be used as often as you want, from what I could tell, and I'm absolutely in love.

So, why Insta-Natural? Well, their products are all-natural, which is a huge plus. And they believe in their products so much, that they will give you a full refund if you are not satisfied. Any company that stands behind their product like that, is a company that I will do business with for sure. It has been an absolute pleasure working with this company. They are always very quick to respond to me when I have any questions, and are always very courteous (and I truly do judge a product on the company that backs it, if the company is hard to deal with, I won't do business with them again).  Best yet, if you want to order from their website, and you sign up for the Insta-Natural club discount, you can get 15% off your order.


'Til next time

-Sue


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment