A blog about gardening, canning, quilting, family, saving money, and product reviews

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Target Haul 11/18/2014 (deals should be valid through 11/22/2014)

There are some great deals to be had at your Target store this week, these sales will last until Saturday night, so you still have a chance to get in on them. The products below retail for over $43 (with the sale prices). Keep reading to find out how I got all of these items for less than $8!




Let's start out with one you don't need to get the local Sunday paper/coupons for. The Kellogg's Nutrigrain bars are currently on sale at Target for $2.50/ea. These retail normally at my local Walmart for $2.78, so if it was just the sale price, I would have walked. But, if you buy 4, you get a $5 gift card. Now, you may remember, I ROLL my gift cards. In other words, I save them for my next trip. Any time I'm handed a gift card, I give them one back for the same amount. I have $15 in gift cards on hand at all times, and I just keep rolling them. This is important, if you really want to get the good deals.

Ok, so, the nutri-grain bars are $2.50/ea. I bought 4, making my total $10 for the bars alone. I was handed a $5 GC, I handed them a $5 GC back and then I gave them two $1/1 coupons from http://www.totallytarget.com/printable-coupons/?cid=18519089
and two $1/1 coupons from
http://coupons.target.com/food-coupons?page=4
I know they are still available from the target site, so if they don't show up on the first site, just print two from target on one computer, and two on another computer. You are limited to four per transaction of these like coupons.
After deducting these 4 $1/1 coupons, my total for the nutri-grain bars is now just $1...or $0.25/ea.




 Next, there is a sale on select hair care products. The products are clearly marked in the isle as to which products are included, and which ones are not. I purchased 2 double packs of hair detangled (suave-perfect since my daughter JUST ran out), 1 bottle of suave professionals hair conditioner, and one bottle of Tresseme 7-day keratin conditioner. I used 2 $1/1 coupons for the hair detangler, found in my local sunday paper. I used $2/1 Tresseme product found also from my local sunday paper. I also used a $1.50/1 Suave professionals manufacturers coupon from my sunday paper. I used 1- $1/1 7day keratin product Target coupon and one $3/off any purchase of $10+ in suave (NLA) products. Also, after buying the four qualifying products, I'm handed another $5 GC





The hair detangler was on sale for $3.49 for a two pack, the bottle of Suave conditioner was $4.99, and the Tresemme was $4.99. Grand total for this portion of the transaction was $16.96+tax. After giving her the 2-$1/1 coupons for the detangler, the $1.50/1 coupon for the suave professionals, the $3/$10 coupon from Target, the $2/1 Tresseme, and the $1/1 target coupon for the tresseme, my total was now $7.46. Rolled a gift card after she handed me one, and now my total is $2.46 + tax, or $0.62 per package, or more technically since I bought double packs, it is $0.41/bottle.

Lastly comes the Nivea lotion. Now, I KNOW I could have done better on this. But there is an extreme couponer living in this city, and she beat me to it. There are some containers of lotion for just $5.26 that could be used on this deal, but they were ALL gone. So, next best thing, I find some lotion that is $5.99/ea. Again, these are on sale with a gift card. Buy 2, get $5 gift card back. I also had 2 $2/1 Nivea lotion coupons from my local sunday paper. So, I dug through the lotions, and managed to find that there were some that had a chapstick attached to them. SCORE. This seriously made me grin ear to ear. So, the deal goes as such: I buy 2 for $5.99 making my total $11.98. I give her two coupons for $2/1, now my total is $7.98 + tax. Roll the gift card, now it's $2.98+tax or $1.49/bottle (with a chapstick attached). The attached chap sticks are full size and retail for $2.49/ea at this same store, so I really feel good about that deal!

And of course, before we can leave, we have to stroll around the store, and look for any unadvertised deals. If you are a Target-snob like me, you know that they have been offering these free CoverGirl Glosstinis with the purchase of 3 Secret deodorants or 1 clinical strength. Well, the deal is over (wasn't that good anyways) and now they have all these glosstinis...and you guessed it, they are on clearance! They are clearances for $1.48/ea at my store. I happen to have a coupon left over that is $2.50/2 cover girl nail polishes. Before going to the register, I checked on CG Facebook page, they do not consider the glosstinis to be trial/travel size. So, this coupon works for this transaction. I buy 2 for a total of $2.96, after coupons, I spent $0.46 on both of them or $0.23/ea + tax.

So, all in all, I spent $6.90+tax which equaled $7.97. I saved 82% in this transaction, and I couldn't be happier!


If you have any questions, let me know. I'm just starting out with this whole couponing thing, but I will do my best to help you out.

'til next time

-Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment