A blog about gardening, canning, quilting, family, saving money, and product reviews

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Foxbrim Ultra Lift Treatment - Review

A couple of months ago a friend sent me some sample packets of a lifting treatment. I loved loved loved the way it made my face look, it was lightly colored, really thick and almost waxy, and it basically worked like a spackle to fill in all my imperfections. What I did NOT like about it was the fact that it was so thick and didn't actually soak in, so if you touched your face throughout the day, the treatment and whatever makeup was over top of it would just come off. So, I was very happy and very nervous to try this new lifting treatment by Foxbrim.

This product is touted to even skin tone, restore firmness and elastically, refine and reduce appearance of wrinkles, and support healing. This product contains peptides (to stimulate collagen), CoQ10 (to fight free radicals and reverse damage to the skin), hyaluronic acid (for skin hydration), and vitamin b5 (to promote skin health).




The pump bottle arrived to me in a yellow bubble envelope. I received a bottle with no box (fine by me, I think people use way too much packaging to package packaging (did that make sense?). If it's in a bottle, THAT is the packaging, why would you need to package THAT packaging in another box that says exactly the same thing as the bottle? So, it's refreshing to see that I got a bottle, and only a bottle. The shipping was very quick, and the bottle was received in perfect condition.


The contents are similar in feel to that of a very high-end lotion. Not thick and waxy, not greasy. The treatment is unscented (so no allergy worries there for me). The product, once applied, quickly absorbs into my skin. I'll be honest, I tried it on my hand first. Later in the day I looked down at my hand and it looked so different to me. I had to look at my other hand, and sure enough, I saw a palpable difference between the two. 


Since I had no reaction, I went ahead and tried it on my face. Now, I didn't turn into Jennifer Aniston or anything (poor me, poor me), but I did see a visible difference in the problem areas on my face that bug me. First, I struggle with dry, yet oily skin. This makes it a challenge to apply makeup. Makeup and dry skin, well, it doesn't work well together. The foundation gets in all the flakes of dry skin and makes me look kind of like a lizard! This is NOT the look I wish to go for. After using this product only one time, I saw that my makeup didn't show any scaliness at all. And within just two uses I noticed my skin was hydrated and plump, and I didn't have dry skin on my forehead anymore at all. So exciting! The fine lines that run from the corner of my nose up to my eyes were greatly reduced, and I even noticed that the scar beside my eye (the unfortunate reminder of a fight I had with an ashtray as a young child) wasn't visible (I've had that since I was 4ish). Now, of course the scar is not gone, I'm not saying this is a scar reducer, I'm saying that when my skin is plump and hydrated, it's not as visible to me.

I also have a huge problem with my skin tone. I just feel like I'm really blotchy, too red here, too pale there, dull there, and a bit oily over that direction. But this product has definitely helped with that. In fact, I'm so confident in this product that I actually feel comfortable not wearing makeup (and usually that is something that is embarrassing for me to do).

So, overall, the product does exactly what it says it does. By keeping your skin well-hydrated, your skin will look firmer and fine lines will be reduced. And the best part of this product, it was NOT like the "spackle" that my friend sent to me in the mail (which I had a total love/hate relationship with). 

The one thing this cream did not do was affect my dark circles. I was born looking like I had never slept, and it has only gotten worse. In fact, the bags under my eyes are so bad that I would get charged an extra baggage fee at an airport, no joke ;) But the product didn't say that it would, so I wasn't expecting it to!

The only thing I really didn't like about this product was the labeling. I found it hard to read the ingredients because the letters were not as crisp as you typically see on an ingredient label and there was a design in the background (like you see on the rest of the bottle). I contacted the company and told them how I felt about that, and they actually contacted me back within that same day to tell me thank you for the feedback and that they would be discussing a change to the labeling. Honestly, when a company will contact me (one measly little company) and tell me they heard my concern and that they actually care, that will seal the deal for me. I will do repeat business with a company like that. And Foxbrim has more than just this Ultra Lifting treatment. You can find a list of available products on Amazon here. And you can purchase this ultra lift treatment here. As of today it's on sale for $22.99, which is a bargain if you ask me. I've seen much smaller and less-effective products sell at my local big box store for twice that price! And as always, with Amazon it'll ship free with orders over $35. The company offers discounts for purchases of more than one of their products, which I love. You know how I love a good deal! And Foxbrim is so sure that you will like their product, that they offer a 100% money-back guarantee, no questions asked. Now, I can't speak to how seamless and easy that system is, because I didn't want to return my product. But based on the interactions I had with the company, I don't foresee a problem with that. And I also don't think you will want to return this product :)


Til next time,

-Sue


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment