A blog about gardening, canning, quilting, family, saving money, and product reviews

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Crock pot chicken pot pie soup with super easy dumplings

 I love my crock pot. I love that I can stick food in it, turn it on, and be rewarded hours later with a  nice delicious meal...with hardly any effort.

You may remember that a couple of weeks ago I got a box of goodies from Influenster. One of those items was McCormick Thyme. Aside from the usual joke of having too much Thyme on my hands, I'll be honest I was stumped as to what to do with it. I cook almost every meal, but Thyme is not usually a spice we keep on hand, nor is it usually one that we will use.

As I was perusing the recipes, I noticed that a lot of people like to put Thyme in their pot pies.

Well, I'm a cheater when it comes to pot pie. So I made this recipe, just for you, I hope you enjoy it.



Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup w/ Easy Dumplings
3 chicken breasts
3 carrots
3 celery
1 onion
1 bag of frozen peas
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
2 cans of water or broth
1 tablespoon of McCormick Thyme
1 can of pre made, uncooked biscuits (the kind that pop at you and scare you every single time)

Place the chicken breasts, raw, into the crock pot. Peel the carrots and slice, throw them in the crock pot. Slice the celery and dice the onion, throw them in the crock pot. Cover with two cans of cream of chicken soup, and 2 full cans of water or broth. Add thyme. Set on high, walk away.

An hour before you plan on eating, reach in with some forks and shred the chicken. Open the can of biscuits, and cut the biscuits into smaller pieces and throw them in the crock pot. Stir them up to separate them a little bit. Return the lid to the crock pot, and walk away.

About an hour later, the biscuit dumplings will be all coating the top, but easy enough to break back apart. Spoon it into your bowl, salt and pepper to taste, and eat away (you may want to blow on it).


I hope you enjoy this quick and easy recipe featuring McCormick Thyme :)

'Til next time,

-Sue


No comments:

Post a Comment