A blog about gardening, canning, quilting, family, saving money, and product reviews

Friday, September 12, 2014

#TeamTriscuit CrowdTap Challenge = Jalapeno Triscuit Poppers

I received an email last night with a challenge from CrowdTap to make a recipe using Triscuit crackers as an entry into their cookbook (of course, the cookbook creators need to love it in order for this to happen, but I think I hit the nail on the head here with a great recipe). So, I think to myself, what in the world am I going to do with a triscuit!? Well, I love myself a bacon-wrapped stuffed jalapeno, and with peppers-a-plenty in our garden, I knew exactly what I wanted to do!



So, first things first, I went and bought some Sea Salt & Black Pepper Triscuits. I took 24 of them and soaked them in a tray of warm water for about 3.5 minutes. I then placed the triscuits overtop of the holes in a mini muffin tin, and pressed them into place. This is a technique I learned from watching Martha Stewart on YouTube (OMG, I just thought of this, what if Martha Stewart reads this post!?!?) "HI MARTHA!!!!!!" I then baked the wet triscuits in the muffin tin at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.


Now I have Triscuit cups!

Now for the rest of the recipe!

You will need
4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled (ok, make that 3.5, I started with 4, don't judge me!)
8 ounces of cream cheese (room temperature)
1/2 cup of finely shredded Four Cheese Mexican Blend
1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
Candied hot peppers (cowboy candy)


Magic is happening in this house today!

Mix the jalapeno, cheese, bacon, and cream cheese together. Add approximately 1-2 tsp (you choose how much you want!) to the Triscuit (or as I have been calling them all night "Trisquee") cup. Add one piece of candied hot pepper to the top of each. My candied hot peppers are home made using peppers  from my garden (again, it was a GREAT year for peppers here in Wyoming).

And here is what you have!!!!!


These are seriously amazing!


Now it's time to eat them!


Addicting! Don't say I didn't warn you!

Thank you CrowdTap and #TeamTriscuit for the opportunity to create and submit my very own recipe using Triscuit crackers!

No comments:

Post a Comment